Join the BC Building Science team! View our current job openings below:
BUILDING ENVELOPE TECHNOLOGIST
BC Building Science is looking for a Building Envelope Technologist to join our successful team. The main role of the incumbent involves preparation of building envelope reviews and depreciation reports for developers and strata corporations. Candidates that are Certified Reserved Planners with a good knowledge in construction and post-construction services are preferred.
BC Building Science is a locally-owned professional engineering firm, specializing in building envelope and structural design for the residential and commercial construction industry in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Washington, and California. BC Building Science has had continued sustainable growth over the last 21 years, through delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to an outstanding group of successful clients.
The successful candidate will be:
- experienced and particularly knowledgeable with local construction methods and materials;
- knowledgeable in the field of building science and building envelope design;
- skilled in technical writing and will have excellent communication skills – written and oral;
- an intelligent creative thinker with high attention to detail; and
- able to use Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
The main functions of the successful candidate are:
- preparing depreciation reports including a physical component inventory and financial forecasting;
- preparing warranty reviews
- communication and ongoing construction correspondence with related parties including Developers, Contractors, Property Managers and Strata Councils.
BC Building Science is offering a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications, with the opportunity to increase the salary based on the individual’s knowledge, motivation, and performance. We offer an extended health benefits program and RRSP package.
Please forward your resume via email to: email@example.com.