WHO IS BC BUILDING SCIENCE?
Prior to its current form, the principals of BC Building Science Ltd. have been practicing together in the field since 1996. This experience includes work as partners in BC Building Science Partnership and as key employees of BC Building Science & Engineering Ltd – one of the original building envelope engineering firms established in 1996. With two of the most experienced company principals dedicated to building envelope engineering and management, BC Building Science has earned a reputation for providing effective, practical, and appropriate engineering solutions to building envelope design.
Our mission is to provide the latest building science technology to the design and construction industry to increase the performance and durability of buildings and building envelope systems. Our team is fully qualified and experienced in all aspects of the building science and building envelope engineering disciplines.
Qualifications of the firm and associates include:
- Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia Member
- Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, Geophysicists of Alberta Member
- Professional Engineers of Ontario Member
- Structural Engineers Association of British Columbia Member
- Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of BC Member
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Registered Roof Observer (RRO)
- Certified Passive House Designer (CPHC)
- Accredited Paint Quality Assurance Specialist (PQA)
- Certified Energy Advisor (CEA)
Professional and experienced staff provide the following in the areas of building envelope consulting services:
- Building Envelope Consulting and Engineering for New Construction
- Project Management and Engineering for Building Envelope Renovations, Repairs, and Renewal
- Strata Services / Building Asset Management and Maintenance
- Specialty Structural Consulting and Engineering
- Building Envelope Field Testing
- Energy Modelling and Consulting
- Roofing and Waterproofing Consulting
Our range of project experience is diverse, ranging from complex multi-use new construction developments, to multi-unit renovation projects, and even simple technical support on single family developments. Over the past 20 years, BC Building Science, in various forms, has successfully completed over 1000 projects in British Columbia, Alberta, Washington, and California.
Our approach supports a sustainable construction industry. This is achieved through providing appropriate, responsible, practical building science solutions that aim to meet the goals of the Client as well as the broader goals of the environment and community.