WHO IS BC BUILDING SCIENCE?
Prior to its current form, the principals of BC Building Science Ltd., Chad Cranswick and Andrew Creighton, have been practicing together in the field since 1996. This experience includes work as partners in BC Building Science Partnership as well as key employees of BC Building Science & Engineering Ltd. – one of the first dedicated building envelope engineering firms. With two of the most experienced company principals, BC Building Science has earned a reputation for providing effective, practical, and appropriate engineering solutions.
Our general service areas of Building Science Consulting include:
- Building Envelope / Enclosure Engineering
- Project Management for Building Envelope Renovations, Repairs, and Renewals
- Building Asset Management and Maintenance Consulting / Strata Services
- Energy Modelling and Consulting
- Specialty Engineering in Structural, Mechanical, and Systems Commissioning
- Field Performance Testing
To provide these services, our team is fully qualified and experienced in all aspects of the building science and engineering disciplines. Qualifications of the firm include:
- Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (P.Eng.)
- Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, Geophysicists of Alberta (P.Eng.)
- Professional Engineers of Ontario (P.Eng. and Certificate of Authorization)
- Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of BC (AScT)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Registered Roof Observer (RRO)
- LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
- Certified Passive House Designer (CPHD)
- Accredited Paint Quality Assurance Specialist (PQA)
- Red Seal Carpenter (TQ) Industry Training Authority
- Certified Energy Advisor (CEA)
- Building Enclosure Commissioning Provider (BECxP)
- Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP)
Our range of project experience is diverse, ranging from complex multi-use new construction developments, to multi-unit renovation projects, to simple technical support on single family developments. Over the past 23 years, BC Building Science, in various forms, has successfully completed over 1000 projects in British Columbia, Alberta, Washington, and California.