Join the BC Building Science team!
BC Building Science is looking for an Energy Engineer to join our successful team. The main role involves supportive energy modelling and commissioning services for new and existing buildings. The successful candidate will be supervised by a professional engineer.
BC Building Science is a professional engineering firm, specializing in building envelope and energy efficient design for the residential and commercial construction industry in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Washington, and California. BC Building Science has had continued sustainable growth over the last 25 years, through delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to an outstanding group of successful clients.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- be registered, or eligible for registration, as a professional engineer (P.Eng.) or registered as an engineer-in-training (EIT) in BC;
- have a strong understanding of building HVAC systems;
- have minimum one-year full-time experience with IES-VE, HOT2000, or eQuest software tools;
- have experience with building envelope thermal bridging calculations and quantity take-offs;
- be familiar with local building codes, construction methods, and materials;
- be skilled in technical writing and have excellent communication skills – written and oral; and
- be an excellent team player as part of the energy efficiency team.
Having experience in design and commissioning of HVAC systems, or designations such as BEMP, LEED AP, NRCan Energy Advisor, Certified Passive House Consultant/Designer is a bonus.
The main functions of the successful candidate are:
- Performing energy modelling for single family homes, high-rise residential towers, and commercial and institutional buildings;
- commissioning of energy systems;
- thermal bridging and thermal performance analysis; and
- communication and ongoing design and construction correspondence with related parties including Developers, Designers, Contractors, and Architects.
BC Building Science is offering a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications, with the opportunity to increase the salary based on the individual’s knowledge, motivation, and performance. We offer an extended health benefits program, profit sharing, and RRSP package.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on Indeed: https://ca.indeed.com/job/energy-engineer-40d7f1ed15848298