What we are looking for:
BC Building Science is looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our successful team. The main role involves supporting the controller with accounts payable and expense reports.
What to expect from us:
- A supportive, collaborative work environment.
- Camaraderie – we value our amazing team.
- Working with a qualified team of professionals.
- Exposure to a wide-range of projects in both new and renovation construction – single-family homes to both low-rise and high-rise apartment buildings.
- Fun events and activities – we like to have fun together.
- Support with your continued professional development.
What we expect from you:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, accounting, or related field.
- Minimum 1 year of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP).
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good understanding of economic and banking processes.
- Team oriented, enthusiastic.
Why work with us:
BC Building Science is a professional engineering firm, specializing in building envelope and energy efficient design for the residential and commercial construction industry in British Columbia, Washington, and California. We have had continued sustainable growth over the last 25 years, through delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to an outstanding group of successful clients.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary – depending on experience and qualifications.
- Salary increase opportunities – based on the individual’s knowledge, motivation, and performance.
- Extended health benefits program.
- Profit sharing.
- RRSP package.
What you are going to do:
- Execute the full accounts payable cycle (including seeking approval for nonrecurring expenses, posting to the system, and preparing cheques for signing).
- Process expense reimbursement reports and advise staff of any changes to allowable expenses.
- Manage payments received and bank deposits.
- Follow up on outstanding accounts receivable.
- Complete bank and credit card reconciliations.
Carry out other accounting related duties as required.
Please apply on Indeed