DIRECTOR, ASSET MANAGEMENT
What we are looking for:
BC Building Science is looking for an intermediate professional to direct our Asset Management Division. The main role involves management of building science services related to the operation of existing buildings.
What we expect from you:
- Degree in Engineering or Architecture.
- Registered as Professional Engineer in BC (P.Eng) or Architect (AIBC).
- Minimum five-years experience with local construction methods and materials, including primary building systems – mechanical, electrical, structure, building envelope.
- Skilled in technical writing and have excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Excellent team player.
- Creative thinker with high attention to detail.
What you are going to do:
- Review and be responsible for the execution of Warranty Reviews, Building Condition Assessments, Due Diligence Reviews, Maintenance Manuals, Depreciation Reports, and other similar reports on existing buildings.
- Identify appropriate staff to execute the services as appropriate and ensure services are completed on budget and time and to appropriate standards of care.
- Identify and create budgets for future repair and maintenance needs and integrate them into long-term capital planning reserve fund charts.
- Meet with, and present to Ownership Groups (eg Strata Councils) in relation to reports issued.
- Provide support and guidance to the broader organization to ensure consistency and alignment in all aspects of asset management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Why work with us:
BC Building Science is a professional engineering firm, specializing in building envelope and energy efficient design for the residential and commercial construction industry in British Columbia, Washington, and California. We have had continued sustainable growth over the last 25 years, through delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to an outstanding group of successful clients.
What to expect from us:
- A supportive, collaborative work environment.
- Camaraderie – we value our amazing team.
- Working with a qualified team of professionals.
- Exposure to a wide-range of projects in both new and renovation construction – single-family homes to both low-rise and high-rise apartment buildings.
- Fun events and activities – we like to have fun together.
- Support with your continued professional development.
- Competitive salary – depending on experience and qualifications. Salary increases are based on knowledge, motivation, and performance.
- Benefits program including extended health benefits, profit sharing, and RRSP package, and future opportunities in the Employee Share Ownership Plan.
Challenge / Bonus Question:
What is the difference between a Reserve Fund Study and a Depreciation Report?
Apply on Indeed