What we are looking for:
BC Building Science is looking for an Intermediate Energy Modeler to join our team. The main role involves supportive energy modelling and commissioning services for new and existing buildings. The successful candidate will be supervised by a professional engineer.
What we expect from you:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Registered as Professional Engineer in BC (P.Eng.).
- Minimum three-year full-time experience with IES-VE or similar energy simulation software tools.
- Minimum three-year full-time field experience with building HVAC systems (field review / commissioning).
- Full understanding of local building codes, construction methods / materials, and detailed drawings.
- Skilled in technical writing and excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Excellent team player.
- Creative thinker with high attention to detail.
What you are going to do:
- Perform energy modelling for residential towers, and commercial and institutional buildings.
- Execute commissioning of building HVAC systems during design and construction phases.
- Prepare thermal bridging and thermal performance analysis.
- Communication and ongoing design and construction correspondence with related parties including Developers, Designers, Contractors, and Architects.
Why work with us:
BC Building Science is a professional engineering firm, specializing in building envelope and energy efficient design for the residential and commercial construction industry in British Columbia, Washington, and California. We have had continued sustainable growth over the last 25 years, through delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to an outstanding group of successful clients.
What to expect from us:
- A supportive, collaborative work environment.
- Camaraderie – we value our amazing team.
- Working with a qualified team of professionals.
- Exposure to a wide-range of projects in both new and renovation construction – single-family homes to both low-rise and high-rise apartment buildings.
- Fun events and activities – we like to have fun together.
- Support with your continued professional development.
- Competitive salary – depending on experience and qualifications. Salary increases are based on knowledge, motivation, and performance.
- Benefits program including extended health benefits, profit sharing, and RRSP package, and future opportunities in the Employee Share Ownership Plan.
Challenge / Bonus Question:
Which building consumes less energy: A building designed to ASHRAE 90.1-16 or Energy Step Code – Step 1?
Apply on Indeed