TALENT & CULTURE MANAGER
BC Building Science is looking for a Talent & Culture Manager to join our successful team. We are a professional engineering firm, specializing in building envelope and energy efficient design for the residential and commercial construction industry in British Columbia, Washington, and California. BC Building Science has had continued sustainable growth over the last 26 years, through delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to an outstanding group of successful clients.
Our people and our culture are important to us. This is a new role at our firm and the successful candidate will help us formalize and develop HR processes that support our strategy and desired culture. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to both lead this effort and grow along with it.
The successful candidate will:
- have a post-secondary degree or diploma in business / human resource management, or equivalent;
- have a CHRP designation (preferred);
- have minimum five years of experience;
- have excellent communication skills – written and oral; and
- be an enthusiastic member of the executive team.
The main functions of the successful candidate are:
- staff relations – check in regularly with employees, manage and enforce operations manuals, and chair team meetings;
- professional development – monitor and enforce continuing education requirements and manage internal training and skills tracking for staff;
- event coordination – plan and coordinate all team building and employee appreciation events;
- group benefit administration – coordinate and implement group benefits program in conjunction with accounting;
- recruitment and hiring – prepare and post job descriptions, review applications, conduct interviews, and coordinate onboarding;
- implementing best practices – maintain employment agreements, employee practices, benefit plans, and employee communications; and
- performance management – establish and support performance management processes including measurement, evaluations, recognition, and discipline.
BC Building Science is offering a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications, with the opportunity to increase the salary based on the individual’s knowledge, motivation, and performance. We offer an extended health benefits program, profit sharing, and RRSP package.
To apply, please submit your resume on Indeed.