Do you notice how the before and after images for this project look almost the same? That’s because sometimes the most appropriate repair strategy consists of targeted repairs that address the problems while still preserving the original design intent. As in targeted repairs that don’t look like repairs – so your building looks as good as it did when it was first built.
At Kensington Court, we provided a practical approach to address persistent and ongoing problems with the building exterior. The work proposed involved:
- Selective replacement of the siding where it was found to be damaged, notably the high exposure east wall and chimney walls;
- Selective / targeted restoration of the balconies including new waterproofing, parapet assemblies, and related, improved details;
- Selective / targeted replacement and upgrade of all windows and doors throughout the complex;
- Replacement of the existing flat roof membrane assemblies including skylights and related parapet wall claddings; and
- Other typical maintenance and refurbishment work such as painting of the existing siding and stucco in order to fully integrate and complete the restoration of this building.