BCBS provides full services relating to balcony renovation both as stand-alone services and as part of any other renovation or renewal activities.
As with all of our consulting services the first level of involvement is to undertake a sufficient level of assessment and design development coordination (understand client and building needs, develop a reasonable scope of work, undertake product reviews, gain approval from Client on basic concepts) to assist the Client in understanding and answering the following questions:
- What components of the balcony need to be replaced – waterproofing, guardrails, parapet walls, etc
- Do these elements need to be restored or renovated now or could this work be deferred?
- What type of products might be most appropriate to the building conditions and Client needs and what order of magnitude cost options might exist including options balancing aesthetics, maintenance needs, durability and cost?
- How can the new balcony assemblies be best integrated to the existing building conditions – always balancing minimal impact and cost with appropriate levels of performance?
- Are there any renewal opportunities that might improve the Architectural character of the building, or alternately lower costs without sacrificing visual appeal – such as removing more costly solid parapet walls with open guardrail assemblies? [BCBS can provide or coordinate all required design development services to explore such options]
Once a suitable strategy is determined we will provide all required services as outlined for Existing Building Services:
- Prepare drawings and specifications;
- Tendering services;
- Project planning such as general meetings, information notices, and related;
- Full construction review and administration services during the project execution stages; and
- All required post-construction activities such as deficiency reviews, warranty reviews, and maintenance programs.
For examples of buildings we have contributed these services to, see Envelope Renovations – Targeted.