BCBS provides full services relating to window replacement work both as stand-alone services and as part of any other renovation or renewal activities.
As with all of our consulting services the first level of involvement is to undertake a sufficient level of assessment and design development coordination (understand client and building needs, undertake product reviews, gain approval from Client on basic concepts) to assist the Client in understanding and answering the following questions:
- Do the windows and doors need to be replaced now or could this renewal work be deferred?
- What type of window or door system might be most appropriate to the building conditions and Client needs and what order of magnitude cost options might exist?
- How can the new windows and doors be best integrated to the existing building conditions – minimal impact balanced with appropriate performance.
Once a suitable strategy is determined we will provide all required services as outlined for Existing Building Services:
- Prepare drawings and specifications;
- Tendering services;
- Project planning such as general meetings, information notices, and related;
- Full construction review and administration services during the project execution stages; and
- All required post-construction activities such as deficiency reviews, warranty reviews, and maintenance programs.
For examples of buildings we have contributed these services to, see Envelope Renovations – Targeted.