BUILDING ENVELOPE ENGINEER-IN-TRAINING (EIT)
What we are looking for:
BC Building Science is looking for a Building Envelope Engineer-in-Training to join our successful team. The main role involves building envelope design and field review services for new construction. The Building Envelope Engineer-in-Training will be supervised by a Professional Engineer.
What to expect from us:
- A supportive, collaborative work environment.
- Camaraderie – we value our amazing team.
- Working with a qualified team of professionals.
- Exposure to a wide-range of projects in both new and renovation construction – single-family homes to both low-rise and high-rise apartment buildings.
- Fun events and activities – we like to have fun together.
- Support with your continued professional development.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Master’s degree in building science preferred.
- Be registered, or eligible for registration, as an engineer-in-training (EIT) in BC.
- Minimum one-year of building envelope experience preferred.
- Experience with local constructions methods and materials.
- Knowledgeable in the field of building science and building envelope design.
- Skilled in technical writing and have excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Be an intelligent creative thinker with high attention to detail.
Why work with us:
BC Building Science is a professional engineering firm, specializing in building envelope and energy efficient design for the residential and commercial construction industry in British Columbia, Washington, and California. We have had continued sustainable growth over the last 25 years, through delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to an outstanding group of successful clients.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary – depending on experience and qualifications.
- Salary increases opportunity – based on the individual’s knowledge, motivation, and performance.
- Extended health benefits program.
- Profit sharing.
- RRSP package.
What you are going to do:
- Review building envelope aspects of the construction of new wood framed and concrete buildings.
- Provide enhanced design review, field review, and field performance testing services.
- Provide building envelope commissioning services.
- Collaborate with the energy and commissioning services team; and
- Communicate and correspondence with related parties including Developers, Contractors, and Architects.
Apply on Indeed
Challenge / Bonus Question:
Which is higher thermal performance: R15 effective wall calculated per ASHRAE90.1-19 or an R15 effective wall calculated per the Thermal Bridging Guidelines?