Building Envelope Consultant (USA)
BC Building Science is looking for a Building Envelope Consultant to join our successful team as a contractor based in Seattle or Los Angeles. The selected candidate will provide enhanced building envelope field review services for new construction and renovation construction.
Candidates with a post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering or construction are preferred. The Building Envelope Consultant will be supervised by a professional engineer.
BC Building Science is a professional engineering firm, specializing in building envelope and energy efficient design for the residential and commercial construction industry in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Washington, and California. BC Building Science has had continued sustainable growth over the last 25 years, through delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to an outstanding group of successful clients.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- experience in local construction methods and materials;
- a strong background and knowledge in the field of building science and construction principles;
- excellent technical writing and oral communication skills;
- strong interpersonal skills and high attention to detail;
- experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- IRATA / SPRAT rope access certification or willingness to complete an IRATA / SPRAT rope access training course; and
- a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
The main functions of the successful candidate are:
- reviewing building envelope aspects of the construction of wood-framed and concrete structures from single family homes, to high-rise residential towers, to commercial and institutional buildings;
- enhanced field review / quality assurance audits and technical report writing;
- building envelope field testing and commissioning; and
- communication and ongoing construction correspondence with related parties including Developers, Contractors, and Architects.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on Indeed.