BUILDING SCIENCE/BUILDING ENVELOPE ENGINEER
What we are looking for:
BC Building Science is looking for an intermediate or senior Engineer to join our successful team. The main role involves supervision of EITs and Technologists in providing building envelope design and field review services for new construction.
What we expect from you:
- Degree in engineering.
- Registered as Professional Engineer in BC (P.Eng.).
- Minimum five-years building envelope experience with local construction methods and materials.
- Skilled in technical writing and have excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Leadership skills.
- Creative thinker with high attention to detail.
What you are going to do:
- Review building envelope aspects of the construction of new buildings.
- Manage and provide enhanced design review, field review, and field performance testing services.
- Supervise and provide training for EITs and Technologists.
- Collaborate with the energy and commissioning services team.
- Maintain communication and correspondence with related parties including Developers, Contractors, and Architects.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Why work with us:
BC Building Science is a professional engineering firm, specializing in building envelope and energy efficient design for the residential and commercial construction industry in British Columbia, Washington, and California. We have had continued sustainable growth over the last 25 years, through delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to an outstanding group of successful clients.
What to expect from us:
- A supportive, collaborative work environment.
- Camaraderie – we value our amazing team.
- Working with a qualified team of professionals.
- Exposure to a wide-range of projects in both new and renovation construction – single-family homes to both low-rise and high-rise apartment buildings.
- Fun events and activities – we like to have fun together.
- Support with your continued professional development.
- Competitive salary – depending on experience and qualifications. Salary increases are based on knowledge, motivation, and performance.
- Benefits program including extended health benefits, profit sharing, and RRSP package, and future opportunities in the Employee Share Ownership Plan.
Challenge / Bonus Question:
What is the driving force for vapor diffusion flow? What is the driving force for air flow?
Apply on Indeed